How to arrange for a sick certificate

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form SC2 which is available from your employer.

For any illness lasting longer than seven days you will need the doctor to issue a sickness certificate (also known as a med3). If you have been seen by a Hospital or another health provider we may be able to provide a sick certificate without you seeing or speaking to a doctor; please ask our receptionist.



Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website